Light rum, also called white or silver rum is a rum that is clear in color. It does not mean that the spirit is unaged -- color due to aging can be removed from light rums with activated charcoal.
Light rums are typically delicate and aromatic. They are also a popular base spirit to flavor, as with vodka.
Some popular cocktails containing Light rum
- Harvest Time — Light rum, Pumpkin liqueur, Drambuie, Lemon juice
- Deep Breath — Light rum, Manzanilla sherry, Absinthe, White Crème de Menthe, Soda water, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Egg white, Mint
- Cradle of Life — Light rum, Spiced Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Orange juice
- Existential Hero — Becherovka, Blanco tequila, Orange liqueur, Light rum, Amaretto, Lime juice
- The Reverb Crash — Dark rum, Light rum, White grapefruit juice, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice, Orgeat