Light rum, also called white or silver rum is a rum that is clear in color. It does not mean that the spirit is unaged -- color due to aging can be removed from light rums with activated charcoal.
Light rums are typically delicate and aromatic. They are also a popular base spirit to flavor, as with vodka.
Some popular cocktails containing Light rum
- Tropicale Nuvole — Light rum, Rum Cream, Coconut Water, Orgeat, Lime juice
- Cradle of Life — Light rum, Spiced Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Orange juice
- Harvest Time — Light rum, Pumpkin liqueur, Drambuie, Lemon juice
- Chan Chan — Light rum, Dry vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Deep Breath — Light rum, Manzanilla sherry, Absinthe, White Crème de Menthe, Soda water, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Egg white, Mint