Light rum, also called white or silver rum is a rum that is clear in color. It does not mean that the spirit is unaged -- color due to aging can be removed from light rums with activated charcoal.
Light rums are typically delicate and aromatic. They are also a popular base spirit to flavor, as with vodka.
Some popular cocktails containing Light rum
- Boston Sidecar — Triple sec, Cognac, Light rum, Lime juice
- The Reverb Crash — Dark rum, Light rum, White grapefruit juice, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Daiquiri — Light rum, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Cradle of Life — Light rum, Spiced Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Orange juice
- SATAMA PUNCH — Kombucha, Light rum, Apricot liqueur, Dark rum, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup