Cane syrup is a sweet syrup made from cooked down sugar cane juice. Cane syrup can range in color and flavor from pale and flowery, but neutral all the way to dark brown, thick, and intensely molasses tasting.
Darker cane syrup's intense flavors can skew cocktails, so they are less useful than the lighter versions.
Some popular cocktails containing Cane syrup
- Waterloo Sunset — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Watermelon juice, Lime juice, Cane syrup, Mint
- Pisse Tafia — Martinique Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Cider, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- World's Greatest Hotel Nacional — Light rum, Dry apricot brandy, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- Petticoat — Gin, Falernum, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Cane syrup
- Sad Babe — Pisco, Bianco Vermouth, Strega, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cane syrup
- Caraway Daiquiri — Aquavit, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Cane syrup, Mint, Salt
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Dry apricot brandy, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Smoke on the Beach (Jim Kearns) — Blanco tequila, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Cane syrup, Sage, Black pepper
- In Fashion — Bourbon, Bitters, Orange bitters, Mezcal, Cane syrup, Lemon peel
- Rye Dandy Shim II — Bonal Gentiane Quina, Rye, Triple sec, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cane syrup, Orange peel, Lemon peel