a tip o' the solar visor to Earthlings' latest reach to Mars
|1||spl||Crème de Noyaux|
Shake on ice, strain into vessel of choice; place in freezer for 16 minutes. Enjoy as a Martian would!
The idea is a red-ish, brown-ish, dry, tart, very cold drink - a metaphor for the planetary conditions we know about (substitute your available choice of red and dry fine liquor).....the exotic flavors in this recipe represent the rare-Earth (interesting phrase) elements, compounds, and minerals of the planet that we know about.....the length of time in freezer is for the number of months a round trip would take (crystals will form!)
The history here is obvious, Earthlings!
- Potter's Coup — Pineau des Charentes, Bitters, Orgeat, Lemon peel
- Whimsy Shim — Bonal Gentiane Quina, Dry vermouth, Calvados, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Banks of Torino — Blended rum, Campari, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Secret Religion — Tequila, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Crema de mezcal, Bénédictine, Chocolate bitters
- Décolletage — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- West Coast Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Cardamom bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Rosso Doré — Aromatized wine, Rhum Agricole, Cognac, Campari, Crème Yvette, Bitters, Meyer lemon zest
- Double-Barrel Cocktail — Sweet vermouth, Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Bitters
- Martini de Hueso — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Bitters
- El Momento Perfecto — Puerto Rican Rum, Aromatized wine, Byrrh, Campari, Bitters, Orange marmalade