Gin Plum earthy
|2||oz||Gin, City of London|
|3⁄4||oz||Simple syrup (Umeboshi, see note)|
|1||pn||Yeast (Toasted bakers yeast)|
Build in a shaker, add pinch of toasted yeast, shake well and double strain.
To make the Umeboshi syrup, Blend 6 umeboshi into simple syrup then fine strain.
Similar to a plum/ginger sour but I love the added umami and saltiness of the umeboshi and yeast.
From other users
- Had this at Elske and *loved* it. Made it at home and it was less good but still excellent. Put 3 umeboshi into 4oz of simple. Would do more ume next time. Ume garnish is good.
- Love it. It's almost yogurty.
- Holland House — Genever, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint, Rose water, Cucumber, Salt
- Douglas Fairbanks — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Egg white
- The Perfect Pear — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Orange juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Barnum Was Right — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice
- K.C.B. — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Kirschwasser, Orange bitters, Lemon
- Cucumber Lavender Sour Punch — Gin, Crème Yvette, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Lavender Tea
- Youngstown Tube — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Just Let Me Sleep Here for a Few More Days — Gin, Allspice Dram, Sugar, Lime juice