Bracing double-base cocktail with strong Angostura component.
|1⁄5||jig||Brandy (Bonded brandy like Christian Brother's Sacred Bond works well.)|
|1⁄5||jig||Sweet vermouth, Martini & Rossi|
Stir well with ice, strain into cocktail glass.
In Straub's recipe, each component is given as 1/5 or 2/5 jigger, implying that a jigger is equal to the full drink. If it is indeed meant as a shot, and a jigger is understood as 1.5 oz., the ratios work, but as a standard 3 oz cocktail, adjustment to the ratio may be desirable. Jack Grohusko's specification of M&R vermouth and Gordon Dry Gin probably has more to do with sponsorship or marketing than design.
- Mediterranean Evening in Fall — Gin, Rye, Amaro, Amaro Nardini, Bigallet China-China, Walnut Liqueur
- Negroni (Katie Loeb) — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari
- Negroni in Paradise — Gin, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Amargo-Vallet, Mahina Coco
- Elevato Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Amaro, Zucca, Orange peel
- Crown Jewel Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Juniper-orange tincture
- Fixer Upper — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Bigallet China-China, Fernet Branca, Bénédictine, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Bishdogg#1 — Gin, Averna, Sweet vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters
- Negronino — Sweet vermouth, Gin, Amaro Nonino, Campari
- Cornwall Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Autumn Negroni — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel