|4||oz||Ginger beer (*4-6oz)|
In a tall glass filled with ice squeeze half a lime then add Scotch. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge.
This recipe works best with a spicier ginger beer
A classic made specially for the famed opera singer Mayme Taylor (there is no real reason noted why her name spelling changed) by a barman who couldn't fill her first order of claret lemonade. Instead she sipped this gingery, smoky, citrusy pour and was sold.
From other users
- Easy and drinkable, though no greater than the sum of its parts.
- Better than the white rum version of dark n stormy
- Two Minutes For Boarding — Bourbon, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice
- Glasgow Mule — Blended Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice
- Nom de plume — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Ginger beer
- Horsefeather — Whiskey, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon
- Rusted Root — Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Ginger beer
- Washington's Mule — Apple brandy, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Lime
- Pickett's Revenge — Rye, Ginger beer, Mint