Shake, strain, up.
This is the version of the drink from Stan Jones' Bar Guide. It's likely a corruption of an earlier version from Patrick Gavin Duffy's Official Mixer's Manual of 1956, which calls for a sweeter balance (2/3 brandy to 1/3 pimento dram) and, interestingly, Jamaica ginger (ginger extract) rather than Jamaica rum. Nowadays the drink is often made as a highball with ginger beer.
- Curaçao Punch — Brandy, Jamaican rum, Curaçao, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Hesitation Cocktail — Rye, Swedish Punsch, Lemon juice
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- The Soother — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Orange Curaçao, Apple juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Presbyterian — Rye, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Soda water
- Alabazam — Cognac, Triple sec, Bitters, Sugar, Lemon juice
- Death of a Disco Dancer — Rye, Apple brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Brandy Port Sangaree — Brandy, Ruby Port, Orange liqueur, Nutmeg
- He's Crafty — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Cranberry shrub, Lemon syrup
- Maple Leaf — Bourbon, Maple syrup, Lemon juice