Allspice Dram, also known as Pimento Dram, is an allspice flavored liqueur originally made in Jamaica. Wray and Nephew imported their version into the United Stated until the 1980's, then stopped. For years, Allspice Dram was almost impossible to find in the United States, leading to some people trying to recreate the liqueur. Many of these recipes are still available on the Internet.
In 2008, Haus Alpenz, a Minnesota importer, introduced St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. This highly spiced, very sweet liqueur is bottled at 45 proof. It is dark brown in color, with a strong aroma of warm allspice, Demerrara sugar, and the floral tones of rum. The palate is quite spicy, with a bit of a numbing effect at the tip of the tongue. It tastes strongly of allspice and brown sugar.
Some popular cocktails containing Allspice Dram
- Vaya Con Dios — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice
- A Scotsman In Paradise — Blended Scotch, Crème de Banane, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream
- Lion's Tail — Bourbon, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Gomme syrup
- Owasco Winter Punch — Dark rum, Brandy, Crème de Noyaux, Allspice Dram, Cherry, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Port of Spain (Taste Bar, St. Louis) — Rye, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Grenadine