Allspice Dram, also known as Pimento Dram, is an allspice flavored liqueur originally made in Jamaica. Wray and Nephew imported their version into the United Stated until the 1980's, then stopped. For years, Allspice Dram was almost impossible to find in the United States, leading to some people trying to recreate the liqueur. Many of these recipes are still available on the Internet.
In 2008, Haus Alpenz, a Minnesota importer, introduced St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. This highly spiced, very sweet liqueur is bottled at 45 proof. It is dark brown in color, with a strong aroma of warm allspice, Demerrara sugar, and the floral tones of rum. The palate is quite spicy, with a bit of a numbing effect at the tip of the tongue. It tastes strongly of allspice and brown sugar.
Some popular cocktails containing Allspice Dram
- Son of Santa — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Gentian liqueur, Nutmeg
- Un Poivron en Vacances (Mr Pepper on Holiday) — Barbados Rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Orange juice, Lime juice, Mango juice, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Passion fruit syrup, Yellow bell pepper
- Pamalagro Crusta — Blanco tequila, Pomegranate Liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Pomegranate peel, Sugar
- Caribé Sour — Allspice Dram, Hibiscus Liqueur, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white
- Decadent Stout Flip — Averna, Stout, Demerara Rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Whole egg, Nutmeg
- Rocksteady — Ginger liqueur, Rum, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Thyme
- Frontera Toddy — Sherry, Honey Liqueur, Allspice Dram, Apple Shrub, Cinnamon syrup, Kosher Salt
- Orchard Slope — Apple brandy, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- Irish Albidum — Irish whiskey, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Coffee liqueur, Black pepper tincture, Bitters, Vanilla extract, Nutmeg
- The Soothsayer — Bourbon, Allspice Dram, Maple syrup, Meyer lemon juice, Sage, Nutmeg