Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Chinese Cocktail — Jamaican rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Curaçao, Bitters, Grenadine
- Allie Elizabeth Sleeping — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Dry vermouth, Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters
- Jamaican Amargo — Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Egg white
- Pressgang Swizzle — Old Tom Gin, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Ginger syrup
- Honeymusk — Jamaican rum, Cynar, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup