Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Chinese Cocktail — Jamaican rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Curaçao, Bitters, Grenadine
- Jamaican Amargo — Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Egg white
- Dead Last — Jamaican rum, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice
- Rest in Pieces of Eight — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Licor 43, Virgin Islands Rum, Egg white, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Demerara syrup