Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Piña Colada (Beer) — Stout, Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Coconut cream, Pineapple juice, Mint
- Song to the Siren — Jamaican rum, Port, Swedish Punsch, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Nutmeg
- Fish House Punch (1732) — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Peach eau de vie, Water, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- Cuban Anole — Rhum Agricole, Jamaican rum, Barbados Rum, Lime juice, Orgeat, Cinnamon syrup, Cinnamon
- The Notorious F.L.I.P. — Jamaican rum, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amaro Nardini, Whole egg, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg
- The Glorious Fourth — Brandy, Jamaican rum, Vanilla ice cream, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Beach Life Grog — Spiced Rum, Falernum, Jamaican rum, Orange juice, Pineapple juice, Grapefruit juice
- No Bananas Today — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Banana
- Spice Road — Cognac, Jamaican rum, Batavia Arrack, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Egg white, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg
- Let's Go Get Stoned — Jamaican rum, Dry apricot brandy, Herbal liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup