Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Allie Elizabeth Sleeping — Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Dry vermouth, Mezcal, Jamaican rum, Orange bitters
- Dead Last — Jamaican rum, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Pressgang Swizzle — Old Tom Gin, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Ginger syrup
- Honeymusk — Jamaican rum, Cynar, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice