The Upgraded Paloma with all the fixin's!
|1||oz||Tequila, Espolon Reposado (infused with grapefruit peels - see notes)|
|1||oz||Mezcal, Ilegal Joven|
|1⁄4||oz||Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur|
|1||oz||Grapefruit cordial (see notes below)|
|2||oz||Grapefruit soda, San Pellegrino Pompelmo|
|1||ds||Grapefruit bitters, Fee Brothers (optional)|
Build in highball with ice, top with seltzer and grapefruit soda to taste. Stir lightly to mix.
Infused Tequila: add peels of 2 grapefruits to 1 liter of tequila and refrigerate for 3-5 days. Adjust for smaller quantities. Grapefruit Cordial: Add peel of one pink grapefruit to jar, bury it in 1 cup of sugar and refrigerate for one day. Add 4 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice, 2 oz. lime, 1 oz. water, 2 tsp. salt. Shake until dissolved, then remove peel and refrigerate.
This is just a variation of the very wonderful "Upgraded Paloma" from Serious Eats with a few personalizations.
- Piquant Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Chipotle pepper sauce, Peach
- Judge Smail's Highball — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Lime juice
- The Upgraded Paloma — Blanco tequila, Campari, Seltzer water, Grapefruit cordial, Lime juice
- Marco Polo — Arrack, Blood Orangecello, Sparkling water, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Cucumber Collins — Rum, Cucumber soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Good Day Sunshine — Grapefruit Vodka, Campari, Citrus Bitters, Soda water, Pineapple syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Brown Billycock — Bourbon, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon
- Carthusian Summer — Herbal liqueur, Gin, Soda water, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Poppin' Tags — Gin, Swedish Punsch, Campari, Soda water, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Amer mon Amour — Aveze, Aromatized wine, Sparkling water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange flower water, Lime, Cherry