Seltzer water is a synonym for soda water. Originally, though, seltzer water was Selters water, named for its source, the German town of Selters that is famous for having naturally occurring springs of carbonated mineral water. Water has been bottled and shipped from Selters since the 18th century.
Some popular cocktails containing Seltzer water
- Bitter Grapefruit Fizz — Aperol, Campari, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Lime
- Oh Noni No — Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Seltzer water, Lemon
- Ruby Red — Campari, Dry vermouth, Ramazzotti, Seltzer water, Lemon juice
- Ye Olde Quencher — Rum, Bitters, Plain shrub, Seltzer water
- MacKinnon — Drambuie, Light rum, Seltzer water, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Lime