Seltzer water is a synonym for soda water. Originally, though, seltzer water was Selters water, named for its source, the German town of Selters that is famous for having naturally occurring springs of carbonated mineral water. Water has been bottled and shipped from Selters since the 18th century.
Some popular cocktails containing Seltzer water
- Bitter Grapefruit Fizz — Aperol, Campari, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Lime
- Paloma (Fully Loaded) — Tequila, Mezcal, Aperol, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Seltzer water, Grapefruit soda, Grapefruit cordial, Lime juice
- Oh Noni No — Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Seltzer water, Lemon
- Youthful Expression — Bourbon, Gin, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Seltzer water
- Giovanni Pompelmo — Genever, Aperol, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Seltzer water, Grapefruit peel