Seltzer water is a synonym for soda water. Originally, though, seltzer water was Selters water, named for its source, the German town of Selters that is famous for having naturally occurring springs of carbonated mineral water. Water has been bottled and shipped from Selters since the 18th century.
Some popular cocktails containing Seltzer water
- Paloma (Fully Loaded) — Tequila, Mezcal, Aperol, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Seltzer water, Grapefruit soda, Grapefruit cordial, Lime juice
- Bitter Grapefruit Fizz — Aperol, Campari, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Lime
- Oh Noni No — Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Seltzer water, Lemon
- Palomaesque — Aromatized wine, Mezcal, Seltzer water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit, Salt
- The Grand Bazaar — Rye, Pepper tincture, Bitters, Seltzer water, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Salt Solution, Cynar 70