A very sultry drink starring Cynar
|1||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (Demerera, 2:1)|
Shake lightly - enough to marry the ingredients together (you're dealing with citrus, right!) but not enough to overly-dilute the ingredients. Strain, into a rocks glass over a large ice cube - express the oils from a large swath of orange rind.
Bitters are 'house bitters' but I use Regan's. I tried to re-create this cocktail as best I could - there's no recipe online to loot. This is my best guess. If anyone has connections to the folks at the Violet Hour, I welcome some fact-checking.
Was on the menu at the Violet Hour in Summer 2012
- Little Giuseppe — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Salt
- Black Honey — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Cinnamon syrup, Lime juice
- The Art of Choke — Cynar, Rum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Lime juice, Mint
- Amaro Cocktail — Cynar, Walnut Liqueur, Cachaça, Orange peel, Lemon zest
- Cynar Julep — Cynar, Rum, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Mint
- Un Café Va Bene — Cynar, Cassis, Espresso
- ...and Antarctica — Tawny port, Cynar, Rye, Bitters, Tea syrup, Orange peel
- Shoe Shine — Spiced Rum, Cynar, Bitters