A complex balance of three key tastes that is a tribute to the Boulevardier and students everywhere!
|2||oz||Rye, Wild Turkey|
|2||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
Combine all ingredients over ice and stir. Strain over a large ice cube in a rocks glass.
Wild Turkey 101 gives nice spice that helps balance the bitterness of the Ramazzotti and sweetness of the Doubonnet. The orange bitters add a nice level of complexity. NOTE: Try filling balloons with water and freezing them to produce spheres/tear drops of ice...perfect for rocks glasses and very little dilution.
I'm currently in the middle of graduate school mid-term exams and was inspired by the history of the Boulevardier Cocktail; if the legacy of the classic American cocktail can survive Prohibition, I can survive these exams...and enjoy a tasty drink along the way!
From other users
- MUST TRY
- Bitter Maestro — Rye, Amaro Nonino, Aromatized wine, Applejack, Grenadine
- Animotion — Rye, Ramazzotti, Dry sherry
- A Bitter Pill to Swallow — Rye, Aromatized wine, Amaro Abano, Bitters, Santa Maria al Monte, Orange peel
- Philabuster — Rye, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Bicycle Thief — Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Cynar, Aromatized wine, Orange peel
- Beatnik — Rye, Averna, Madeira, Bitters, Orange peel
- Black Betty Variant (Christopher Buecheler) — Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Ramazzotti, Pastis, Orange peel
- In times like these, bitter is better than nothing — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Salt Solution, Lemon peel, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters
- Grounds for Separation — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Aperol, Bitters
- Linden Square — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Amaro Nonino, Bitters, Orange peel