|2||oz||Bourbon, Elijah Craig|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula|
|2||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||Maraschino cherry (as garnish)|
Stir, stain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
The original called for Bittermen's Sweet Chocolate bitters, a one-off bitters made by a measuring error when making their Mole bitters.
This recipe previously listed a variation using rye, regular sweet vermouth, and omitting the bitters. Corrected thanks to a comment by Campus Five.
From other users
- Beautiful color. Blood just starting to dry. Very inviting aroma. Spicy, and very old school. Ladies and gentlemen, Do not call. We have a winner! Best showcase for chocolate bitters yet!
- Boy that cherry was good at the end.
- Still says 2oz bourbon. Should be 1.5oz.
- Boulevardier — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Maraschino cherry
- Black Manhattan — Bourbon, Averna, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Cherry Christmas — Bourbon, Montenegro, Bitters, Cherry cider
- Red Morning Light — Rye, Aperol, Damson gin liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- Mountain Man — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Caruso Cocktail (via Eric Felton) — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry
- Cobbler's Dream — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Brandied cherry
- The Powhatan — Rye, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Ginger, Orange