Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass
Like a dry, bitter. Some prefer it with Gran Classico rather than Campari.
The original calls for equal parts, but the Old Pal is most often made 2:1:1 today.
From other users
- Add lemon twist for garnish
- Good, but pretty far down the list of Negroni/Boulevardier riffs.
- Bitter and not sweet, so very tasty. Lemon zest adds so much to this drink, definitely a before dinner drink.
- Interesting dry variation of Boulevardier
- I prefer this with Dolin Blanc with the proportions listed. Dry for the 1:1:1 proportions.
- pen pal = aperol
- Pen Pal — Rye, Dry vermouth, Aperol, Orange peel
- A Dry Symphony — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Dewey D. — Rye, Sherry, Aperol, Bitters
- bargellino — Rye, Dry vermouth, Montenegro, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange peel
- The Nighthawk #3 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Bitters, CioCiaro, Orange peel
- No Sleep 'Til... — Rye, Dry vermouth, Curaçao, Bitters, CioCiaro, Orange peel
- Beatnik — Rye, Averna, Madeira, Bitters, Orange peel
- Milwaukie — Kinnickinnic Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka, Orange bitters, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- Philabuster — Rye, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Brunswick — Cognac, Dry vermouth, Amer Picon, Bénédictine