|1 1⁄3||oz||Bourbon, Maker's Mark|
|3⁄4||oz||Dry vermouth, Noilly Prat|
|1⁄3||oz||Apricot liqueur (Merlet lune d'abricot)|
Stir, strain in coupe, express lemon Peel and drop in. Serve.
I asked for a boulevardier or Manhattan kind. But i insisted on something very different and experimental. It was complex and subtle at the same time. Not strong alcool forward. Bourbon showed only at the end. At the same time, the drink was dry, a bit bitter, with crisp and not sweet. Just the subtle sweetness needed. I thought he splitted the base with gin. Delicious.
Christmas with my parents in Spain. Trying "new" bars as usual.
- Legend — Cognac, Sherry, Jamaican rum, Amaro Nonino, Demerara syrup
- Old Pal — Rye, Campari, Dry vermouth
- Byrrh Cocktail — Byrrh, Cognac, Kirschwasser
- Buffo Rosato — Rye, Chinato, Pear eau de vie, Rosato Vermouth, Cranberry bitters, Lemon peel
- A Dry Symphony — Rye, Dry vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Pen Pal — Rye, Dry vermouth, Aperol, Orange peel
- Lovecraft in Brooklyn — Rye, Jamaican rum, Aromatized wine, Madeira, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- Beauty Sleep — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Amaro Nardini
- St Louis Park — Bourbon, Cardamaro, Ruby Port, Bitters, Allspice Tincture
- Metropole — Brandy, Dry vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Simple syrup