|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||twst||Orange peel (as garnish)|
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
Originally known as the Red Carpet, this cocktail evolved, gained sweet vermouth and bitters, and changed name. Recipe is from an e-mail directly from the creator.
From other users
- Made using old Red Carpet recipe: A pleasant Manhattan-esque cocktail. Made with Carpano Antica. Used Wild Turkey rye. Rittenhouse would probably be more rye-forward. Made with Carpano Antica. Try Punt e Mes next time.
- Not bad, emphasizes the spice on the rye, but not overly differentiated in profile.
- Spirit forward and rye takes the front seat in a good way. The several supporting ingredients compete in a way that leads to this both tasty and somewhat muddled & unremarkable.
- Grounds for Separation — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Aperol, Bitters
- the Sixth Borough — Rye, Amaro Nonino, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Goodbye Marie — Bourbon, Bitters, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Orange peel
- Black Betty Variant (Christopher Buecheler) — Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Ramazzotti, Pastis, Orange peel
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- Midtown — Reposado Tequila, Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Liberal (Averna) — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Orange bitters
- Patent Pending — Rye, Meletti Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Manhattan, Wisconsin — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Frank Hinton — Rye, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Raspberry syrup, Passion fruit syrup, Blood orange peel