|1||twst||Lemon zest (expressed, as garnish)|
Stir, strain, rocks, lowball, express peel, garnish
In the fall, is made with rye and house cherry-bark bitters.
From other users
- The bourbon dilutes the sweetness of the Cynar and Maraschino, but the cocktail is still a bit sweet. There is no acid to moderate the bitterness of the Cynar, so it is solidly bitter-sweet. One dash of Scrappy's Celery bitte
- Bitter and balanced
- Solid, touch sweet. I went for Bitter Truth's celery bitters here to get the tea notes which work well. Curious to try Scrappy's for a more up-front celery profile.
- Made with fennel bitters. Rich, complex, quite likeable.
- Joe B. introduced me to this cocktail on 3/6/16 as he took pity on me while we were waiting for the kitchens to be repaired in our apt. house.
- back off the maraschino, it gets too sweet and cloying