Lemon zest is the peel of the lemon, which is cut into small, uniform pieces, typically with a citrus zester. The small size of the peel pieces means that better extraction of flavor can be achieved with a smaller amount of peel. Smaller pieces of peel are also less noticeable in finished dishes.
Some popular cocktails containing Lemon zest
- Navy Rations — Rum, Sweet vermouth, Crème de bergamote, Cherry Liqueur, Pastis, Bitters, Lemon zest
- Bunbury — Rye, Chinato, Gran Classico, Absinthe, Lemon zest
- French 75 — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon zest
- Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon zest
- Amaro Cocktail — Cynar, Walnut Liqueur, Cachaça, Orange peel, Lemon zest