|2||oz||Gin (or cognac)|
|3||oz||Sparkling white wine (Brut, chilled)|
Shake all but wine, strain into ice-filled highball glass, top with chilled wine.
Also very good with cognac. Said to have the power of a 75mm howitzer.
From other users
- Delicous, festive cocktail. A great cocktail that appeals to a wide variety of drinkers, from wine lovers to craft cocktail geeks. Add more simple syrup and it serves as a good alternative to so-called girlie drinks.
- These can really sneak up on you.
- Works well with Prosecco but is obviously a bit sweeter
- A refreshing and solid, if unchallenging, classic.
- Definitely prefer with cognac
- I had my first on of these during Brunch at Arnaud's in New Orleans
- Wearing Jorts, Grinning Madly — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange marmalade, Grapefruit peel
- North by Northwest (Death & Co) — Champagne, Gin, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Expo 74 — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Lilac syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon zest
- The Royal We — Sparkling rosé wine, Gin, Orange bitters, Raspberry preserves, Orange flower syrup, Lemon juice, Grapefruit peel
- Thin White Duke — Cava, Gin, Pamplemousse Rose, Ginger liqueur, Lime bitters, Lime peel
- The Gateway — Champagne, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Mint
- The Dutch Nemesis — Sparkling white wine, Genever, Kummel, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup
- Crimson & Clover — Sparkling rosé wine, Gin, Dry vermouth, Raspberry syrup, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rose water
- French 75 (Elderflower) aka French 77 — Champagne, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- 23 Skiddoo — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Thyme