|1⁄2||oz||Falernum, Velvet Falernum|
|1⁄2||oz||Islay Scotch, Laphroaig 10|
Stir on ice, strain into chilled coupe. Garnish lemon peel.
Original published online calls for shaking, much better stirred.
From other users
- This didn't really work for me. Finish reminded me of certain numbing sore-throat lozenges.
- Very boozy, but I used Devil's Own Falernum which is very different - 80 proof. Good, but I had to add a bit of simple and a couple cloves to mellow out. Will try with Taylor's Velvet Falernum.
- Mezcallion Wooden Nickel — Mezcal, Chocolate bitters, Orange bitters, Simple syrup, Lavender syrup
- Dark Roots of the Earth — Mezcal, Crème de Cacao, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel
- Prizzly Bear — Mezcal, Allspice Dram, White Crème de Menthe, Orange peel
- Bull Kelp — Islay Scotch, Crème de Violette, Averna
- The Old Man and the Sea — Islay Scotch, Water, Nori
- The Nutty Professor — Islay Scotch, Hazelnut liqueur, Bitters
- Rapscallion — Islay Scotch, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- The Smoking Gun — Islay Scotch, Bitters, Fernet Branca, Brown sugar cordial, Mint