Inspired by the movie "Airplane!"
|2⁄3||oz||Gin, Barr Hill Tom Cat|
|2⁄3||oz||Blended Scotch, Johnnie Walker Red Label|
Stir; strain; up. Form cream of coconut into thin string of putty around half the glass rim. Attach "glass shard sugar". Sugar recipe can be found here: https://nerdymamma.com/sugar-glass-recipe-or-candy-glass/
When I have made it thereafter, I add a dash of Crude Bitters "Pooter" smoke & salt bitters to accentuate the smoke (to good effect)
My girlfriend and I started doing a weekly movie date night where we take turns creating cocktails inspired by classic movies. This was the inaugural recipe. Smoke + cedar from the scotch & Tom Cat ("I picked the wrong week to quit smoking"; sweet vermouth ("I picked the wrong week to quit drinking"); cream of coconut ("I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue") holds on edible glass shard sugar garnish ("I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines"); and finally, Hennessy for those who "speak jive"!
- Butcher Cocktail — Scotch, Gin, Sweet vermouth
- Ampersand Cocktail — Sweet vermouth, Old Tom Gin, Cognac, Orange bitters
- Black Martini — Rye, Old Tom Gin, Averna, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- The Pretender — Rye, Old Tom Gin, Sweet vermouth, Crème de mure, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Spring Flinger — Gin, Cognac, Calvados, Triple sec, Mezcal, Cucumber, Lime peel
- Bonfire Sutra — Whiskey, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Ginger liqueur, Bitters
- Dregs — Navy strength gin, Apple brandy, Calvados, Cynar 70
- Silver Nail — Blended Scotch, Gin, Drambuie, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Yvonne's Toronto — Calvados, Genever, Santa Maria al Monte, Bitters, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg
- Aunt Emily — Calvados, Dry apricot brandy, Gin, Orange juice, Grenadine