|3⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass rinsed with absinthe
Jim Meehan, PDT recommends Plymouth gin and Pontarlier absinthe. Originally, this calls for 1/4 wineglasses (=1/2 oz) of each.
The Savoy calls for a dash of absinthe, rather than the more modern rinse.
From other users
- Creole Shrubb + Bonal Gentiane Quina esp. good
- Interesting NYTimes piece suggests absinthe up to scant teaspoon. http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/case-study-cocchi-americano-waking-the-dead/
- Excellent. Made with cocchi and Plymouth. My favorite use of gin so far. Could probably handle a bit more absinthe as per notes.
- A great sour, enhanced by the absinthe rinse. I can understand the rationale behind more absinthe, to add back notes. I also garnished with a twist.
- MUST use Cocchi Americano instead of Lillet Blanc.
- Made with Plymouth gin and Cocchi Americano. Delicious!
- Year Round Gin Use Ford's gin
- I use a little heavier hand with the gin, and a little less with the triple sec. (I prefer dry curacao over triple sec.)
- Gin- sweet, sour
- Would like to try with Cocchi Americano Rosa and either gin or tequila.
- Truly great after a day of working out in the yard because that is when this corpse needs reviving. Version I've been using is 1oz of each & a dash. I will have to try the rinse.
- Sub Cocchi Americano for lillet and reduce lemon to 1/2. Good with a dash of bittermens orange cream.
- Without the Absinthe rinse and perhaps in different ratio, this is the South Slope I had at Pistache in West Palm Beach
- I will use Cocchi Americano
- -it's too sweet right now, try 1/2 oz lemon juice or dash more gin -variation: try subbing Creole Shrubb + Bonal Gentiane Quina
- Delicious. A good alt version of this from Alicia Perry of San Diego’s Polite Provisions is 1oz Plymouth Gin, and .75oz each of Lillet, Cointreau and lemon juice, .25oz simple syrup. Worth a try.
- Prefer Cochin Americano
- Northern Lights (Lucinda Sterling) — Gin, Aromatized wine, Curaçao, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Tango — Triple sec, Gin, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Orange juice
- Kumquat Elderflower Fix — Champagne, Gin, Genever, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Kumquat, Mint
- Boat House Punch — Gin, Rosé Champagne, Aperol, Elderflower liqueur, Orange juice, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Sugar