Reposado Tequila, Grapefruit syrup, Lime juice, Grapefruit billters, Club soda
|1||oz||Grapefruit syrup (see notes for recipe)|
Shake, Collins glass with cracked ice, top off with club soda, garnish with lime slice or shell of spent lime.
Homemade grapefruit syrup recipe: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, zest and juice of 1 grapefruit (discard the pith and pulp), optionally add a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon. Bring to a boil, then take off the stove and let steep 1 hour, strain through cheesecloth and bottle. Optionally add 2 tsp vodka as a preservative. Keep in refrigerator.
The Paloma is traditionally made with commercially-available grapefruit soda pop. This recipe replaces soda pop with homemade grapefruit syrup and dashes of bitters.
From other users
- make grapefruit syrup with much less sugar
- Dove & Daisy — Tequila, Orange liqueur, Aperol, Soda water, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- The Pompous Moose — Vodka, Club soda, Grapefruit syrup, Lime juice
- Infinity Is A Shark — Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Crème de Cacao, Tuaca, Allspice Dram, Soda water, Lime juice
- La Nuestra Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Club soda, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- El Dorado — Tequila, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Paloma (Fully Loaded) — Tequila, Mezcal, Aperol, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Seltzer water, Grapefruit soda, Grapefruit cordial, Lime juice
- Cucumber Collins — Rum, Cucumber soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Judge Smail's Highball — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Lime juice
- Ol' Poet's Smoke — Scotch, Amaro Montenegro, Bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Piquant Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Chipotle pepper sauce, Peach