Reposado tequila is a type of tequila that is between blanco and añejo. Reposado (rested) tequila is a blanco that is aged in oak barrels of any size for more than two months and less than one year. It must be between 70 and 110 proof.
Reposado tequila has a smooth, buttery aroma and flavor. It is softer than blanco due to the influence of oak and oxygen during the aging process, but it doesn't have the strongly woody flavors from extended oak aging.
While most tequila producers make a reposado, the Cazadores brand is probably the best known and most popular.
Some popular cocktails containing Reposado Tequila
- Resting Point — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Agave syrup, Lemon juice, Strawberry
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt
- B.C.M. — Reposado Tequila, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Blackberry, Maraschino cherry
- Antihero — Reposado Tequila, Rosato Vermouth, Cynar, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice
- El Corazon — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Cherry Bitters, Cherry, Grapefruit peel