Reposado tequila is a type of tequila that is between blanco and añejo. Reposado (rested) tequila is a blanco that is aged in oak barrels of any size for more than two months and less than one year. It must be between 70 and 110 proof.
Reposado tequila has a smooth, buttery aroma and flavor. It is softer than blanco due to the influence of oak and oxygen during the aging process, but it doesn't have the strongly woody flavors from extended oak aging.
While most tequila producers make a reposado, the Cazadores brand is probably the best known and most popular.
Some popular cocktails containing Reposado Tequila
- Sabor de Soledad — Reposado Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Pear eau de vie, Soda water, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Ginger syrup
- Shattered Glasser — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Batavia Arrack, Bénédictine, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Cherry
- Resting Point — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Agave syrup, Lemon juice, Strawberry
- B.C.M. — Reposado Tequila, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Blackberry, Maraschino cherry
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt