Reposado tequila is a type of tequila that is between blanco and añejo. Reposado (rested) tequila is a blanco that is aged in oak barrels of any size for more than two months and less than one year. It must be between 70 and 110 proof.
Reposado tequila has a smooth, buttery aroma and flavor. It is softer than blanco due to the influence of oak and oxygen during the aging process, but it doesn't have the strongly woody flavors from extended oak aging.
While most tequila producers make a reposado, the Cazadores brand is probably the best known and most popular.
Some popular cocktails containing Reposado Tequila
- Money — Reposado Tequila, Amaro Nonino, Herbal liqueur, Mezcal, Passion fruit puree
- Constructive Summer — Hefeweizen, Suze, Reposado Tequila, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Pastry War Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Mace tincture, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Nutmeg, Tea
- Ice-berg — Reposado Tequila, Underberg bitters, Crushed ice, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Five Points — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Nardini, Nocino, Bitters, Orange
- Retox Cocktail — Reposado Tequila, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Jalapeño
- L&L — Reposado Tequila, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Nutcracker — Reposado Tequila, Bitters, Cranberry syrup
- Sabor de Soledad — Reposado Tequila, Pear eau de vie, Herbal liqueur, Soda water, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup, Ginger syrup
- Apple Dandy — Reposado Tequila, Pommeau de Normandie, Chamomile syrup, Lemon juice