|1 1⁄2||oz||Aquavit, Aalborg|
|1⁄2||oz||Elderflower liqueur, St. Germain|
|2||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
Stir/Strain/Up. Twist lemon zest over top and discard. Garnish with sprig of fresh thyme.
From other users
- Though not low-proof, this had a lightness to it. Would probably be better with a more interesting aquavit than I used.
- "Herbaceous without being medicinal" is exactly right. (Finally something with the aquavit that I'll happily make again!)
- Very elegant. Herbaceous without being medicinal. Definitely adding to our roster.
- I concur with all the comments above, never would've expected the St Germain to marry so well with the aquavit; the best aquavit cocktail I've come across so far.
- Very classy. Use the best/most interesting Aquavit on the shelf. I used Løiten Linie and was very happy.