A Martini Bellringer-Georgetown Club hybrid riff named after an ee cummings poetry line. Created for an Instagram contest.
|1||oz||Gin (WireWorks, see history, but others will work)|
|1||oz||Light rum (Privateer, see history, but others will work)|
|1||rinse||Apricot liqueur (See instructions)|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe pre-rinsed with apricot liqueur (1/3 bsp Rothman & Winter), and garnish with an orange twist.
A few weeks ago, Boston's GrandTen Distillery announced its "Collab Cocktail Contest" in conjunction with the Massachusetts Distillers Alliance. They were seeking a cocktail using two or more Massachusetts distilled products with one of them being from GrandTen. Since I played a role in guiding the flavor profile of GrandTen's Wire Works Gin, that made for an obvious choice. I ended up choosing Privateer's Silver Rum as the other Massachusetts spirit, and I took things in a split base Georgetown Club direction. For a little extra panache, I added in a bell-ringer -- James Maloney's apricot liqueur rinse that was his signature move in his 1900 The Twentieth-Century Cocktail Guide for Mixing Fancy Drinks such as in his Martinez Bell-Ringer. For a name, I wanted to pay tribute to a local writer, and e.e. cummings grew up around a mile from our house, and dubbed this one after a line from one of his poems.
- Delmonico — Gin, Cognac, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Minnehaha Cocktail — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Pastis, Orange juice
- Zanadu — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Honey syrup
- The Onset — Genever, Bianco Vermouth, Gran Classico, Grapefruit peel
- Too Much Too Little Too Late — Gin, Aromatized wine, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Gran Classico
- Pink Cadillac — Gin, Dry sake, Pear eau de vie, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Clair de Lune — Gin, Sherry, Suze, Maraschino Liqueur, Licor 43, Lime bitters, Lemon peel
- Bijou Bohème — Gin, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry
- Better Weather — Genever, Aromatized wine, Aveze, Aquavit, Lemon peel
- The Cappa — Gin, Pineau des Charentes, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel