Bittercube is a company that produces a line of [ingredient=bitters bitters], does bar and restaurant consulting, event planning, and makes tinctures, syrups, and bitters on commission. Bittercube is a partnership between Nick Kosevich, a bartender in Minneapolis, and Ira Koplowitz, formerly of The Violet Hour in Chicago.
Bittercube has a line of retail bitters that include: Cherry Bark Vanilla, Jamaican #1 (baking spice flavored) and #2 (citrus and hibiscus flavored) , Orange, Bolivar (flavored with chamomile), and Blackstrap.
Blackstrap is flavored with [ingredient=blackstrap-molasses blackstrap molasses], clove, sassafrass and sasparilla, and is 60 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Bittercube Blackstrap
- Kořeněné Jablko (Spicy Apple) — Apple liqueur, Kinnickinnic Whiskey, Becherovka, Bitters, Chocolate liqueur, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Gin Sour — Gin, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Egg white
- West Beach Old Fashioned — Scotch, Bitters, Coconut liqueur, Pineapple syrup, Orange peel
- Black Rye — Root liqueur, Rye, Bitters, Club soda, Maple syrup, Cinnamon stick
- Red Machete — Mezcal, Campari, Hibiscus Liqueur, Bitters
- The Night Terror — Rye, Maurin Quina, Black Balsams, Bitters, Lemon peel
- New Daq City — Light rum, Peach bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Passion fruit syrup, Lime