Combier Original liqueur d'Orange is a brand of orange liqueur known as Triple Sec made in the Saumur region of France since 1834. Founded by Jean-Baptiste Combier and his wife, Combier produced the first Triple Sec, some forty years before the better known Cointreau.
Combier Original is still made in the same way it was in the mid-19th century, including the zesting of oranges by hand. The sweet peels of Valencia oranges from Spain and the bitter peels of Haitian oranges are macerated in alcohol, then distilled three times. This blend is flavored with local spices, some sugar is added, and the liqueur is bottled at 80 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Combier L'Original Liqueur D'Orange
- Pantone — Bourbon, Triple sec, Kummel, Lemon juice, Beet juice, Ginger syrup, Salt Solution
- Jeu d'Esprit — Genever, Triple sec, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Orange bitters, Club soda, Orange juice, Orange
- Margarilla — Añejo tequila, Licor 43, Triple sec, Lime juice, Lime
- Faceless Man — Singani, Bianco Vermouth, Triple sec, Mezcal
- Corpse Reminder #1 — Campari, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Franklin Bearse — Rum, Herbal liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters
- All Hail to the Arsenal — Gin, Campari, Triple sec, Bitters, Tonic water, Lime juice
- Weathered Ax — Bourbon, Triple sec, Aromatized wine, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Ginger syrup, Mint
- Darkside Iced Tea — Rye, Trinidad rum, Fernet Branca, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup, Cola, Lemon
- Lackadaisy — Aquavit, Reposado Tequila, Herbal liqueur, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Mint