Crème de Banane is a banana flavored creme liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made with a spirit base, cream, and flavorings) are so named due to their very high level of sugar, which provide a texture like cream.
There are many crème liqueur flavors, but all of them are syrupy in texture and low in alcohol, around 30 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de Banane
- Banana Alexander — Brandy, Crème de Banane, Heavy cream, Orange peel, Nutmeg
- Banana Manifesto — Añejo tequila, Crème de Banane, Coconut liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Coffee Pecan Bitters, Orange peel
- No Bananas Today — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Banana
- Earth Mother — Amargo-Vallet, Crème de Banane, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Double-Barreled — Bourbon, Aperol, Campari, Crème de Banane, Lemon juice, Pineapple Gum Syrup, Salt Solution
- Cafe Colada — Jamaican rum, Crème de Banane, Coffee liqueur, Pineapple juice, Coconut cream, Orange juice, Lime juice, Nutmeg
- Poirot — Crème de Banane, Averna, Aromatized wine, Crème de Cacao, Cream
- Bananas Foster Flip — Cognac, Rum, Crème de Banane, Bitters, Whole egg, Heavy cream
- Banana Bread Flip — Crème de Banane, Demerara Rum, Virgin Islands Rum, Allspice Dram, Whole egg
- More Heat Than Light — Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Amargo-Vallet, Overproof rum, Crème de Banane, Fernet, Sweet vermouth, Coffee bitters, Orange peel