Crème de Banane is a banana flavored creme liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made with a spirit base, cream, and flavorings) are so named due to their very high level of sugar, which provide a texture like cream.
There are many crème liqueur flavors, but all of them are syrupy in texture and low in alcohol, around 30 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de Banane
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Dry apricot brandy, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Banana Boulevardier — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Crème de Banane, Campari, Orange peel
- More Heat Than Light — Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Amargo-Vallet, Overproof rum, Crème de Banane, Fernet, Sweet vermouth, Coffee bitters, Orange peel
- Good Samaritan — Bourbon, Amontillado Sherry, Crème de Banane, Lemon juice, Lemon
- Lewis & Martin Cocktail — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Crème de Banane, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon peel