Crème de mûre is a blackberry flavored crème liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made from a base spirit, flavorings and cream) have such a high sugar content that they have the texture of cream.
There are many flavors of crème liqueurs, but all of them are very sweet and low in alcohol, around 30 proof. Briottet, Massenez and Lucien Jacob are all high quality brands of crème de mûre.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de mure
- An Icy Wasatch Rohde — Blanco tequila, Crème de mure, Campari, Lemon juice, Lime juice
- Bitter Rival — Cynar, Virgin Islands Rum, Crème de mure, Lemon juice, Egg white
- Volcanic Bramble — Bourbon, Amaro, Crème de mure, Lemon juice, Burnt sugar syrup
- Slick Watts — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Crème de mure, Peychaud's Bitters
- Circular Firing Squad — Bourbon, Amargo-Vallet, Coffee liqueur, Crème de mure, Lemon peel
- Roberta Black — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Crème de mure, Fernet Branca, Peach bitters
- Violet's Problem — Cognac, Crème de Violette, Crème de mure, Bitters, Grapefruit juice
- The Pretender — Old Tom Gin, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Crème de mure, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Swan cup — Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Crème de mure, Cynar, Celery bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Jalisco — Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Crème de mure, Bitters, CioCiaro