Crème de mûre is a blackberry flavored crème liqueur. Crème liqueurs (not to be confused with cream liqueurs, made from a base spirit, flavorings and cream) have such a high sugar content that they have the texture of cream.
There are many flavors of crème liqueurs, but all of them are very sweet and low in alcohol, around 30 proof. Briottet, Massenez and Lucien Jacob are all high quality brands of crème de mûre.
Some popular cocktails containing Crème de mure
- Roberta Black — Dark rum, Coffee liqueur, Fernet Branca, Crème de mure, Peach bitters
- An Icy Wasatch Rohde — Blanco tequila, Crème de mure, Campari, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Working Title — Gin, Vodka, Triple sec, Crème de mure, Cherry Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Orgeat, Mint
- Circular Firing Squad — Bourbon, Amargo-Vallet, Coffee liqueur, Crème de mure, Lemon peel
- Bitter Rival — Cynar, Virgin Islands Rum, Crème de mure, Lemon juice, Egg white