Maurina Quina is a digestif amaro made near Lyon, France. Only recently reintroduced, Maurin Quina was invented in 1884 by Auguste Maurin. Maurin Quina has a base of sweet white wine and cherry brandy, with wild cherries, almonds, lemon, and cinchona bark. It is pale red in color and 32 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Maurin Quina
- Coasta de Morte — Maurin Quina, Aromatized wine, Blended Scotch, Orange bitters
- Zwei — Genever, Maurin Quina, Kummel, Salers Gentiane, Lemon juice
- Deviled Negroni — Gin, Campari, Maurin Quina, Sweet vermouth, Lemon peel
- The Copper Kid — Averna, Gin, Maurin Quina, Bitters, Orange peel
- Rhube Rye — Rye, Maurin Quina, Lavender bitters, Maraschino cherry, Rhubarb syrup, Lavender