Old Monk is an añejo rum from India. It has a very sweet molasses / burnt caramel sweet nose, but not much sweetness on the tongue. It is a blend of different rums that are aged for seven years, and bottled at almost 86 proof.
There is an older version of Old Monk called Gold Reserve that is twelve years old.
Some popular cocktails containing Old Monk
- Kroni Berry Flip — Rum, Cassis, Bitters, Whole egg, Lime juice
- 1818 Cocktail — Oloroso sherry, Indian Rum, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Calico Jack (The Independent) — Indian Rum, Becherovka, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel
- Vow of Silence (Sichuan Garden II) — Indian Rum, Aromatized wine, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Orange peel
- Mynah Bird — Indian Rum, Campari, Cassis, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Orange juice, Mint
- Old Man Winter — Bourbon, Indian Rum, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Santa Maria al Monte, Bitters
- Hot Buttered Rum - Triobar — Dark rum, Apple juice, Butter, Vanilla Sugar, Cinnamon
- Death or Glory — Cherry Liqueur, Jamaican rum, Indian Rum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Bitter Monk — Indian Rum, Aperol, Bitters, Lemon juice
- 1919 — Sweet vermouth, Rum, Rye, Bénédictine, Bitters