Rothman and Winter is a brand of liqueurs made in Austria. The fruit flavors of the Rothman and Winter line are made from fruit [ingredient=brandy brandy] with the addition of the juice of the same fruit. The Rothman and Winter family comprises five flavors:
Orchard Apricot is made from Klosterneuberg apricots. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Cherry is made from sour Weichsel cherries. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Peach is made from Haven, Roter Ellestadter, and Weinberg peaches. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Pear is made from Williams pears from both the Danube valley and the Sudtirol in northern Italy. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Crème de Violette is made from a base of grape brandy that is infused with Queen Charlotte and March violets, then sweetened with cane sugar. It is bottled at 40 proof.
Haus Alpenz imports the Rothman and Winter line into the United States.
Some popular cocktails containing Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot
- Jerk Store — Mezcal, Pineapple rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cinnamon syrup
- Bitter Apricot — Rye, Campari, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Nacional (Jeffrey Morgenthaler) — Light rum, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amontillado Sherry, Averna, Apricot liqueur
- Beachbum — Barbados Rum, Nicaraguan Rum, Apricot liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Flor de Jerez — Amontillado Sherry, Jamaican rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cane syrup
- Mexican Radio — Reposado Tequila, Cynar, Apricot liqueur, Bitters
- Grand Ole Apry — Champagne, Apricot liqueur, Damiana Liqueur, Rosemary syrup, Lemon juice
- Tainted Love (Frederic Yarm) — Mezcal, Swedish Punsch, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Zerlina — Fino sherry, Gin, Bergamot liqueur, Apricot liqueur