Rothman and Winter is a brand of liqueurs made in Austria. The fruit flavors of the Rothman and Winter line are made from fruit brandy with the addition of the juice of the same fruit. The Rothman and Winter family comprises five flavors:
Orchard Apricot is made from Klosterneuberg apricots. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Cherry is made from sour Weichsel cherries. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Peach is made from Haven, Roter Ellestadter, and Weinberg peaches. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Orchard Pear is made from Williams pears from both the Danube valley and the Sudtirol in northern Italy. It is bottled at 48 proof.
Crème de Violette is made from a base of grape brandy that is infused with Queen Charlotte and March violets, then sweetened with cane sugar. It is bottled at 40 proof.
Haus Alpenz imports the Rothman and Winter line into the United States.
Some popular cocktails containing Rothman & Winter Orchard Apricot
- Bitter Apricot — Rye, Campari, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Flitcraft — Apple brandy, Salers Gentiane, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters
- Jerk Store — Mezcal, Pineapple rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Egg white, Cinnamon syrup
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amontillado Sherry, Averna, Apricot liqueur
- Tainted Love (Frederic Yarm) — Mezcal, Swedish Punsch, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Orange peel
- Flor de Jerez — Amontillado Sherry, Jamaican rum, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Cane syrup
- Beachbum — Barbados Rum, Nicaraguan Rum, Apricot liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Mexican Radio — Reposado Tequila, Cynar, Apricot liqueur, Bitters
- Too Much Too Little Too Late — Gin, Aromatized wine, Gran Classico, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters
- Nacional (Jeffrey Morgenthaler) — Light rum, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup