Vanilla syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with vanilla, usually the vanilla bean over vanilla extract. Vanilla simple syrup can be made by adding a split vanilla bean to simple syrup once it's off the heat. Cover the pan and let the bean steep for 20-30 minutes, until cool.
Vanilla extract can be added to cooled simple syrup, though it will affect the color and not have quite the aromatic punch.
Some popular cocktails containing Vanilla syrup
- Sweatpants & Vodka — Vodka, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Mint
- Caustic Negroni — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Averna, Vanilla syrup, Grapefruit peel
- Earth Mother — Amargo-Vallet, Crème de Banane, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Jerezana — Amontillado Sherry, Manzanilla sherry, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Vanilla syrup
- Hank Scorpio — Guatemalan rum, Amaro Montenegro, Pineapple juice, Ginger syrup, Vanilla syrup, Lime juice
- Dutch Apple — Genever, Cognac, Apple brandy, Apple liqueur, Apple bitters, Bitters, Vanilla syrup, Orange peel
- Koko B. Ware — Rum, Rhum Agricole, Bitters, Lime juice, Orgeat, Vanilla syrup, Heavy cream, Nutmeg
- Space Ape — Rum, Pineapple juice, Banana, Orange juice, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Lion's Share (Drink version) — Bourbon, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup, Demerara syrup
- Vagabond — Mezcal, Fino sherry, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Vanilla syrup