White Port is a type of Port made from indigenous white grapes in the Douro Valley of Portugal. It is clear to pale yellow in color, and is a bit less sweet than typical Port.
White Port is usually drunk over ice with club soda and a large wedge of lime, and is a typical drink in the brutally hot Portugese summer.
Some popular cocktails containing White port
- PHI-FLIP — Genever, White port, Peychaud's Bitters, Egg yolk, Yogurt liqueur, Sugar
- Galileo — White port, Aperol, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice
- Robert Frost — Bourbon, Amontillado Sherry, White port, Orange bitters, Simple syrup, Orange, Lemon
- Port of Havana — White port, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Lime
- Blonde on Blonde — Herbal liqueur, Pisco, White port, Lemon juice