White Port is a type of Port made from indigenous white grapes in the Douro Valley of Portugal. It is clear to pale yellow in color, and is a bit less sweet than typical Port.
White Port is usually drunk over ice with club soda and a large wedge of lime, and is a typical drink in the brutally hot Portugese summer.
Some popular cocktails containing White port
- PHI-FLIP — Genever, White port, Peychaud's Bitters, Yogurt liqueur, Egg yolk, Sugar
- David Denizen — Light rum, White port, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- Naval Treaty — Rum, White port, Apricot liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange cream citrate
- Thyme Machine — White port, Gin, Bénédictine, Poppy liqueur, Thyme
- Galileo — White port, Aperol, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice
- Port of Havana — White port, Bitters, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Lime
- Parachute — White port, Suze, Peychaud's Bitters, Tonic water, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit
- Robert Frost — Bourbon, Amontillado Sherry, White port, Orange bitters, Simple syrup, Orange, Lemon
- Frank's Cocktail — Cognac, White port, Orange bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon peel
- Blonde on Blonde — Herbal liqueur, Pisco, White port, Lemon juice