Variation of Bitter Sunday Afternoon
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, The Botanist (or Tanqueray Bloomsbury (Some may prefer 1 oz))|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Aromatized wine, Cocchi Americano (Some may prefer 1 oz)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Combine ingredients, stir with ice, strain, then pour into chilled Old Fashioned glass. Express lemon zest on glass rim and on drink's suface, the drop lemon peel into drink.
Somewhat bitter due to both the Gran Classico and the gin, but the Cocchi Americano and Salers give a pleasant sweetness to the drink. Using less gin will lessen the bitterness, and using less Cocchi Americano will lessen the sweetness. The lemon zest gives a tartness that adds even more flavor and depth to the drink. Mix, stir, strain, and enjoy!
- Kula Negroni — Campari, Bianco Vermouth, Gin
- Queen Alexandra — Aperol, Aromatized wine, Gin, Orange bitters
- Délit de Fuite — Aromatized wine, Gin, Campari, Cynar, Orange cream citrate, Orange peel
- Spanish Negroni — Amontillado Sherry, Gin, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel
- No Groaning — Dry vermouth, Zucca, Gin
- Spanky Panky — Gin, Aromatized wine, Branca Menta, Bitters
- Herban Botanist — Gin, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Orange cream citrate, Orange peel
- Aisy Uchanan — Rosato Vermouth, Cynar, Gin