|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Eagle Rare|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Stir over ice and strain into a chilled wine glass. Twist the lemon twist over surface and discard.
From Gaz Regan's 101 Best New Cocktails for 2013.
Adapted from a recipe by Steve Shur, Boston College Club, Boston, MA
From other users
- Another nice thing to do with Bourbon. Might tweak up the bitter components a bit
- Promising. Room for bitters as well.
- Made with Bulleit 10 year. Very good - I might add some non-potable bitters as well. 4.5
- Enjoyable boozy cocktail for any time of year.
- Would give 4.5 if I could. Very solid bourbon cocktail manhattan variant; agree with above comments that there is room to tweak with bitters.
- Maybe a hair more chartreuse next time
- People's Instinctive Travels — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Meletti Amaro, Black Balsams, Crème de Cacao, Lemon peel
- Midtown — Reposado Tequila, Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Ramazzotti, Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- the Sixth Borough — Rye, Amaro Nonino, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Ce Soir — Brandy, Cynar, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Shepherd's Secret — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Amaro Abano, Herbal liqueur, Orange peel
- Liberal (Averna) — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Orange bitters
- Grounds for Separation — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Aperol, Bitters
- Boulevard des Rêves — Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Rum
- Black Betty Variant (Christopher Buecheler) — Rye, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Ramazzotti, Pastis, Orange peel
- The Perseverance Cocktail — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine, Ramazzotti, Orange bitters