|1 1⁄4||oz||Bourbon, Bulleit|
|1 1⁄4||oz||Sloe gin|
Stir (or shake), strain, straight up, coupe
Robert Hess recommends Bulleit bourbon. Use good sloe gin, such as Plymouth.
From other users
- Accessible. LIke a sloe berry whiskey sour. A touch sour. Maybe reduce lemon a bit, or add 1/4 oz simple. Used Bulleit rye.
- Added 1/4 oz simple per comments. Good as I made it, undoubtedly still better with better sloe gin than I used. Could be a good holiday variant of a whiskey sour.
- I added a (lean) 1/4 oz of simple and I think it's great. Super well balanced and nice depth. I used an older bottle of Old Forester Signature Bourbon, which is a great choice for this.
- Hawkeye — Sloe gin, Bourbon, Apple brandy, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Post Modern — Blended Scotch, Sloe gin, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Cherry Christmas — Bourbon, Montenegro, Bitters, Cherry cider
- An Oblique Manhattan — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Absinthe, Cherry shrub, Orange peel
- Old City — Rye, Bigallet China-China, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Brandied cherry
- Death and Taxes — Chambord, Bourbon, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice
- Right to the Bitter End — Bourbon, Byrrh, Campari, Peychaud's Bitters, Cherry
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry
- Rob's Sonny, Roy — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Cranberry shrub
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel