An aromatic manhattan variant, inspired by what was allegedly the Chicago gangster's favourite whiskey.
|2||oz||Rye, Templeton Rye|
|1||oz||Aromatized wine, Marolo Chinato|
|1||bsp||Orange liqueur, Mandarine Napoleon|
Stir over ice, serve straight up, no garnish.
Marolo Chinato is not strictly speaking a vermouth, it's an aromatised wine that's not as sweet as vermouth, so it's not easy to just swap it out and keep the character of the drink.
Invented while trying to find a good cocktail to make the chinato really sing.
- Harvest Moon — Rye, Aromatized wine, Apple brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel
- Myrtle — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Allspice Dram, Peychaud's Bitters
- Grand and Central — Rye, Aromatized wine, Applejack, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Brunswick — Cognac, Dry vermouth, Amer Picon, Bénédictine
- Memphis — Rye, Aromatized wine, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Orange peel
- You Look Great When I'm High — Añejo tequila, Aromatized wine, Amère Sauvage, Bitters
- Atlanta — Bourbon, Bianco Vermouth, Bitters
- Stephanie Miller OR The Sexy Liberal Cocktail — Rye, Aromatized wine, Averna, Bitters
- Brown Bomber — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Suze, Lemon peel
- Beauty Sleep — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Amaro Nardini