An aromatic manhattan variant, inspired by what was allegedly the Chicago gangster's favourite whiskey.
|2||oz||Rye, Templeton Rye|
|1||oz||Aromatized wine, Marolo Chinato|
|1||bsp||Orange liqueur, Mandarine Napoleon|
Stir over ice, serve straight up, no garnish.
Marolo Chinato is not strictly speaking a vermouth, it's an aromatised wine that's not as sweet as vermouth, so it's not easy to just swap it out and keep the character of the drink.
Invented while trying to find a good cocktail to make the chinato really sing.
- Fontana — Rye, Triple sec, Herbal liqueur, Aromatized wine, Peychaud's Bitters
- Harvest Moon — Rye, Aromatized wine, Apple brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange peel
- 3-2-1 — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Dry vermouth
- Sidney Cocktail — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Dry vermouth
- Memphis — Rye, Aromatized wine, Virgin Islands Rum, Bitters, Orange peel
- Grand and Central — Rye, Aromatized wine, Applejack, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Golden Dog — Scotch, Bénédictine, Apricot liqueur, Aromatized wine
- Thorn Bush — Rye, Aromatized wine, Maraschino Liqueur, Calisaya
- Widow's Tryst — Calvados, Dry vermouth, Brandy, Bénédictine, Herbal liqueur, Pear eau de vie, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Myrtle — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Allspice Dram, Peychaud's Bitters