|1||oz||Bonal Gentiane Quina|
Build in rocks glass over ice
I've been making it with equal parts, and it's great that way, but there is no reason that you couldn't increase the bourbon by 1/2 ounce for a drier drink. Obviously, rye would work as well.
I simply substituted Bonal for the vermouth in a Boulevardier. It turned out way better than I was even anticipating.
From other users
- I love all these ingredients, but I find this a bit heavy. Wd love to build around Bonal. Maybe with Aperol or Cappelletti? Or sub Calvados for the Bourbon (I used Elijah Craig)?
- Works with Luxardo Bitter, as well. Went with 1.25 oz bourbon.
- New Pal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- Canon Cocktail — Rye, Bitters, Triple sec, Sweet vermouth, Ramazzotti
- Paper Trail — Bourbon, Aperol, Salers Gentiane, Grapefruit peel
- Paper Chase — Rye, Aperol, Bonal Gentiane Quina
- The Adams — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Kummel, Bitters
- Boulevard des Rêves — Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Rum
- Dead Glamour — Reposado Tequila, Campari, Bitters, Santa Maria al Monte
- The Six Inch Gold Blade — Jamaican rum, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- Morricone — Añejo tequila, Campari, Mezcal, Orange bitters
- None More Black — Bourbon, Aperol, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Coffee