Combine ingredients, dry shake for 10 seconds. Add ice and shake vigorously, strain into a small goblet.. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
1st appeared in Jerry Thomas' 1887 Bartenders Guide
From other users
- Good but there are much better flips
- 12/24/17: Made with Hennessy VS and Fonseca Bin 27. Would like to try without the sugar next time.
- The Pleasant Surprise — Cognac, Port, Amontillado Sherry, Sugar, Soda water, Nutmeg, Lemon peel
- Whispers Of The Frost Cocktail — Port, Sherry, Rye, Sugar
- Robert Frost — Bourbon, Amontillado Sherry, White port, Orange bitters, Simple syrup, Orange, Lemon
- Castle of Córdoba — Cream Sherry, Calvados, Cognac, Peychaud's Bitters, Apple