Pronounced coal-ah-var-dee-ay. A Boulevardier variant with Suze instead of Campari and Ramazzotti instead of Sweet Vermouth, utilizing the more mellow 12-year style of Bourbons to step out of the way of the Gentian root and Amaro flavors.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Elijah Craig (12 Year Bourbon of any kind can be substituted.)|
Stir over ice in a mixing glass, strain into an old fashioned glass with one very large ice cube. No garnish.
A Negroni style drink, modeled after the Boulevardier but switching out the
Created in 2018 by home bar enthusiast Kevin Coleman from Longmont, CO.
From other users
- Very nice - gentian comes through nicely with a vermouthy/bourbony backbone.
- Very nice. I liked it better with Buffalo Trace than with Elijah Craig.
- No Suze, so I used Strega (I know, but they're both yellow, right?) and added cherry bitters. I'll try again with some Suze and update. Maybe then a 5?
- A very good Boulevardier variant. Complex, herby, delicious
- Good take on Bouvardier!
- Pumpernickel — Rye, Ramazzotti, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- People's Instinctive Travels — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Meletti Amaro, Black Balsams, Crème de Cacao, Lemon peel
- Cryptic Memo — Rye, Campari, Ramazzotti
- Boulevardier 12 — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Campari, Chocolate bitters, Herbal liqueur, Orange peel
- 1492 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Lemon peel, Salt
- Frank of America — Rye, Ramazzotti, Byrrh, Bitters, Maple syrup, Orange peel
- Boulevard des Rêves — Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Rum
- Midnight Stroll — Rye, Campari, Ramazzotti, Curaçao, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- The Showgirl — Bourbon, Ramazzotti, Bitters
- Bellavive — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Fernet Branca, Celery bitters