Muddle one of the sprigs and vermouths in a mixing glass. Add the gin and ice, stir well and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with the remaining mint sprig.
The Savoy book has this as 1/3 each dry gin, Italian and French Vermouth shaken and strained into a cocktail glass with a mint sprig garnish.
From other users
- Made .75oz of each Vermouth to 1.5oz Gin.
- Made with Farmer's gin (which has a bit of mint already to it), Dolin red, and Noily Prat dry. A little stuck in no man's land between a dry, martini-like drink and a sweet minty drink.
- Year Round Gin use Plymouth Gin
- Root Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Bergamot liqueur, Pine liqueur, Lemon peel
- Grey Lady — Gin, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters, Crème de Violette, Lemon peel
- Girly-O Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Atty — Gin, Dry vermouth, Crème de Violette, Absinthe, Orange bitters
- Arborist — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Nocino, Dry vermouth
- Merry Widow — Gin, Dry vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Off The Vine — Gin, Aromatized wine, Vodka, Celery bitters, Lemon juice
- Yeoman Warder — Gin, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Cynar
- Improved Martini Cocktail (David Santucci) — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Añejo tequila, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur
- Vesper — Gin, Vodka, Aromatized wine, Lemon zest