A Cobbler that I created for a Women of the Wild West-themed industry night in 2013.
|1||oz||Amontillado Sherry (Oloroso would work well too)|
|1||oz||Pimm's No. 1 Cup|
|1||twst||Orange peel (As garnish)|
|1||pn||Nutmeg (As garnish)|
Build in a Highball glass, fill with crushed ice, add a straw, and garnish with an orange twist and freshly grated nutmeg.
Woody spice and orange oil nose. Grape and berry notes on sip. Swallow offered nuttiness from the sherry and Maraschino and a light menthol and herbal finish. Refreshingly light yet flavorful.
For the Women of the Wild West-themed night that Katie Emmerson (then of the Hawthorne) and I did for the Whiskey & Amari/Spaghetti Western series at the Blue Room in 2013, we needed a tall drink. I decided to take it in a Cobbler direction instead of Collins or Highball. For a name, I decided to honor Dora DuFran, or more specifically one of her four brothels.
- Swords Up — Pisco, Aromatized wine, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters
- Dolce & Cabana — Cachaça, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Simple syrup
- A Bullet for Fredo — Grappa, Bianco Vermouth, Campari, Grapefruit peel
- Frézier — Pisco, Bianco Vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Rhubarb bitters
- East Indian Negroni — Rum, Sherry, Campari, Orange peel
- Curiosity — Aromatized wine, Dry vermouth, Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Crème de Noyaux, Peychaud's Bitters
- Untitled — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- The Beauty Beneath — Rum, Chinato, Triple sec, Bitters
- Guyana Flip — Rum, Cynar, Port, Demerara syrup, Nutmeg, Whole egg
- Martini de Hueso — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Peach bitters, Bitters