|3⁄4||oz||Batavia Arrack, Van Oosten|
|3⁄4||oz||Ginger syrup (spicy)|
|1⁄2||oz||Demerara Rum, Lemon Hart 151 (as float)|
Shake, strain, rocks, garnish, float.
Norton I, né Joshua Norton, was a 19th Century San Francisco vagrant and beloved social fixture who declared himself Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico, a declaration indulged by San Francisco high society and lovers of the odd and extraordinary alike. I honor His Imperial Majesty with an appropriately eccentric and elaborate drink befitting the breadth and grandeur of his Empire, with a notable appearance by Fernet Branca, his capital city's equally unusual and beloved amaro of choice.
From other users
- 1st sip was a bit too much, but after that I appreciated the balancing of these funky ingredients.
- Absinthe over rum
- Maduro — Virgin Islands Rum, Fernet Branca, Maraschino Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Falcon Punsch! — Swedish Punsch, Batavia Arrack, Apple brandy, Campari, Bitters, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- Fernetaboutit — Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca, Lime juice
- Zuzu's Petals — Bison grass vodka, Maraschino Liqueur, Elderflower liqueur, Suze, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Mr. Baily's Bender — Ginger liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Campari, Rhubarb bitters, Tonic water, Lime juice
- Slurred Word — Jamaican rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Eulogy — Strega, Falernum, Batavia Arrack, Lime juice
- Elision — Batavia Arrack, Virgin Islands Rum, Strega, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Orange juice
- Comte de Sureau (Morgenthaller) — Cachaça, Aperol, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon peel
- Snoop Lion (or, Fo'Swizzle) — Jamaican rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Batavia Arrack, Grapefruit juice, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice