An Islay whisky take on a classic boulevardier.
|2⁄3||oz||Islay Scotch, Laphroaig 10|
|2⁄3||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|1||twst||Orange peel (as garnish)|
Build all ingredients in an old fashioned glass. Stir with ice and garnish with an orange twist.
The punt e mes is necessary in this due to its added bitterness. The drink doesn’t quite work with most other sweet vermouths.
Created by Alex Vowles for the cocktail competition “The Perfect Blend”.
From other users
- Lagavulin for Islay scotch. Very nice. I didn't have Punt e Mes...so used 1/3 Vitorre Sweet Vermouth and 1/3 Campari.
- An awesome boulevardier riff that uses the smoke of Laphroaig in an interesting way with the Averna. Great after a meal or as a nightcap!
- The Forgery — Amaro dell'Erborista, Islay Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Gran Classico
- Smokin' Barrel — Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Islay Scotch, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Dead to Rights — Mezcal, Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Allspice Dram, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- Irish Manhattan (Dead Rabbit) — Sweet vermouth, Irish whiskey, Curaçao, Bitters, Orange peel
- Oaxacan Negroni — Mezcal, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Lemon peel
- All Jacked Up — Sweet vermouth, Mezcal, Apple brandy, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca
- The Asian-ness — Japanese Whisky, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cynar, Lemon bitters
- Head of Steam — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Orange peel
- Pigeon Park — Mezcal, Sweet vermouth, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Bénédictine, Bitters
- Storyville — Brandy, Mezcal, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lemon peel