|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
Shake, strain over crushed ice, swizzle to frost glass, garnish with slapped mint sprig.
This cocktail won me a spot as a top three finalist in the 2013 Tales of the Cocktail Tales on Tap contest, sponsored by Drambuie. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend Tales this year, and had to forfeit my spot. The idea was to make a seasonally appropriate (for July) cocktail, heavy on the Drambuie, that lent itself to serving on tap. This one works just as well the old fashioned way. Drambuie supposedly came about when Bonnie Prince Charlie gave its recipe to John MacKinnon in gratitude for ferrying the Jacobite prince to the Isle of Skye.
- Hurricane — Jamaican rum, Lemon juice, Passion fruit syrup
- New Frontiers — Bourbon, Galliano, Guatemalan rum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Latin Passion — Reposado Tequila, Passion fruit syrup, Lemon juice
- No. 39 — Cognac, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- Flowering Fields — Rye, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Gantt’s Tomb — Bermuda rum, Rye, Demerara Rum, Allspice Dram, Pineapple juice, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Lost Lake — Jamaican rum, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Pineapple juice
- Ohana Joe — Overproof rum, Pineapple rum, Coffee liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1
- iuka's grogg — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Lush Life — Rye, Genepy, Falernum, Lemon juice, Sage