A Marconi Wireless-Widow's Kiss inspired apple brandy cocktail as a Leonard Cohen tribute.
|1 1⁄2||oz||Calvados (Or another style of aged apple brandy)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole|
|1||pt||Cherry (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a cherry.
For a drink of the day at Loyal Nine in 2016, I decided to do a Marconi Wireless riff to greet the autumn air. For modifiers to the Calvados and sweet vermouth base, I added Benedictine perhaps inspired by the Widow's Kiss and a touch of Green Chartreuse like a Marconi Wireless riff that I was served at Coppa. To bring out the darker notes in Benedictine, I embittered the mix with chocolate bitters. For a name, I tried to capture this fleeting but dark nature with a Leonard Cohen song title, Lady Midnight.
From other users
- For me, this may be one too many things going on
- The Trouble I've Been Looking For — Apple brandy, Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Sloe gin, Cherry
- Caruso Cocktail (via Eric Felton) — Cognac, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry
- Fannee Doolee — Apple brandy, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Herbal liqueur, Kirschwasser, Apple bitters, Cherry
- Bob's Old Spice 50 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Simple syrup, Lemon peel, Absinthe
- Cobbler's Dream — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Brandied cherry
- Bletchley Park — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Suze, Brandied cherry
- Blush Response — Bourbon, Crème Yvette, Maraschino Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Strawberry, Nectarine
- Cubed Old Fashioned — Cognac, Rum, Rye, Bitters, Orange bitters, Brandied cherry, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- The Perfect BQE — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Brandied cherry
- Eyetalian Cocktail — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Cynar, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Cherry, Blood orange peel