Elements of Chris Hannah's 'Round Midnight lifted from that Irish whiskey drink into a Martini.
|1⁄8||oz||Maraschino Liqueur (1 bsp)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (As garnish)|
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
I became inspired by the flavor combination in Chris Hannah's 'Round Midnight that was published in the 2009 Rogue Cocktails book. I lifted the Strega, raspberry, and Maraschino trio, altered their ratios, and utilized it as a sweetener in a 3:2 Dry Martini. This came about as the raspberry syrup made me think of the dry vermouth version of the Clover Club, and that set up the gin and dry vermouth base. For a name, I kept the Thelonius Monk theme of the Hannah's drink (I assume it was this since he is a big jazz fan) and named this one the North of Sunset especially given the splendid sunset I had witnessed an hour or two before (even though Monk's song is about the boulevard in Los Angeles).
- Time Release — Gin, White port, Sloe gin, Herbal liqueur
- Bargain Must Be Made — Genever, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Islay Scotch
- Velho Tomas — Old Tom Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Beirao
- The Pale Rider — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Fino sherry, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange bitters, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- Summer Shack — Gin, Aromatized wine, Dry white wine, Elderflower liqueur, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Surf & Turf Cocktail — Old Tom Gin, Dry vermouth, Fino sherry, Curaçao, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Minnehaha Cocktail — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Pastis, Orange juice
- Spruce Goose — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters
- Kina Cocktail — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine
- Martinez (Dry Variation) — Old Tom Gin, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange bitters